Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stealing, Cheating, Killing. Who said romance is dead?


The title is from the the movie True Romance and it came to mind as one of my friends made a fabulous post in a forum of active and live discussions...She not only successfully shared her own brush with romance....but sent many of us down the memory lane to our sweet moments!!!!! And so i dedicate my first post in my blog (which has been dormant since the day i created it!!!) to her -  Anwesha my friend, my soul sister....

Anwesha and her friend have defined Romance perfectly "the most intensely romantic thing in the world is when circumstances, nature, a certain person and your own state of mind hatch the perfect conspiracy to create a moment that though fleeting leaves such an imprint that you remember it vividly years after it has passed."




So here is my moment.....

He worked in the same organisation as me...pretty cliched you could say...he was the HR responsible for the canteen franchisee allocation and my team were totally against the current people who were managing or serving us the food and when we were complaining about their habit of favoring the higher officials and ignoring us...in my arguments i just said Mr A (name changed just imagine its Arnav from Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon!!!!) i guess you don't how they are and or can't see that they are favoring higher officials as you are new!!!


In reply he just smirked at me (earlier i would have called it smile but now i know its smirk) and called my department HR personnel Jessie and asked her What is Sreeda's employee number and the year she joined...I now irritated at his trying to change the topic...snapped back its IS 1281 and i joined in 2005 so what!!!! He calmly replied my you must be knowing that the employee number is assigned in ascending order here so the one who joins first had the lesser number well My number is IS 481.

and he calmly walked off...while i stood there wishing the earth would swallow me up!!!

After that there were many chance meeting between us but he never took a jibe at me for fiasco that happened during the first meeting and we just developed a very casual friendship. Being a HR he knew when my birthday was and wished me a day before hand wanting to be the first person to wish me...he always used to call me Sree (not by my full name...Sreeda) and on occasion when he wanted to tease me it would be madam.

One day he decided to quit the company and i was one of the very few apart from his own team to know that he was leaving. Soon it was out of sight and out of mind for us for a couple of months then one day when i he changed his mobile number he messaged me his new number and messaged it thrice and thus...and i called him immediately to pull his leg!!!!

Soon we were talking and talking and talking for hours together and strangely...we became more friends than were as colleagues!!!!

I solidly can remember instances when i would have spoken the whole night with him and would be literally sleeping on the next day in office and he would call me up to tell that he was dead asleep in office just because of me!!!

One such day we were talking to each other on phone and it was fine and beautiful evening with mild breeze and full moon, i was in the terrace walking to and fro while i discussing with about music...film songs and lyrics and the sheer poetry in the lyrics when he suddenly said, "Sree listen to this and sang a few lines from a song!!!"
The meaning roughly translated is...

You, You have become a river wave.
I, I have become a fallen leaf.

Would I float in your lap?
Would I survive to touch Your coast?

His voice actually took a very husky and emotional tone while singing and that moment i literally had goosebumps in my hands and i know he felt something too...there was a momentary silence between us and then we almost disconnected without even a good bye!!!!

I spent whole night thinking of nothing else!!!!! I couldn't make myself to call him the next day!!!


Hmmmmm......So that's it!!!!!!

My Brush with romance.....which i will forever remember.....i am crazy fanatic of romance read all M&B and other romantic fiction!!!...watch all rom coms etc. But this one very simple moment just stands apart in my life...

PS: So can any of you guess the song i have translated here...Its a Tamil song!!!

5 comments:

neabs(jannani) said...

awesome awesome sree i loved it !!!i got the tamil song too .... do write more about these events i am crazy for your romantic thoughts ...

Jannanni said...

nee nee oru nadhi yena anal naan naan adhil vizhulum vidhai ave ...

Sivaranjani said...

I totally love this blog! It makes me feel so good, so sad, happy, heavy at the same time!!

Very nice blog. Keep writing!

Sukri said...

Good one Girl.. I saw it the other day.. but couldnt post my comment.. are you going to write more?

gowtham said...

It makes me to feel the same feel and nostalgic. Narrative style is original and brisk.

Keep writing Sree.